Monday, May 21, 2007

Nordstrom Wikipedia Edit

Out of all the articles I edited on Wikipedia, the "Nordstrom" article has the most active contributors. Not only is the article updated multiple times a day everyday, but the users editing this article do a great job checking each other's work. The article has evolved a lot since I began editing it. In the beginning, the article's history section and expansion section were several pages long and extremely detailed. The two sections are all placed under the history header now, and the information has all been greatly condensed. The user who did this said that a lot of the information belongs on the company website and not in the article. My addition to the expansion section about Nordstrom's restaurant concepts did not make the cut in the edit.

Another major part of the evolution of the article involved a list of the store's locations. At one point, a list of every single Nordstrom store was added to the article, but now it is gone. There is a separate article for Nordstrom locations. I must say, the article looks a lot less cluttered without it.

I am happy to see that a section about Nordstrom's diversity statement was added recently, and I'm also glad that my contribution describing the Pacesetter program remains.

No comments: